Ula's Unique Blog

The Selection

on October 13, 2016

America Singer is the middle child of five and is doing all she can to help her family make more money as a five. There are eight castes, ones are royalty and eights are the people living on the streets. Being a five is hard. America accidentally enters the selection, where thirty five girls compete to win the heart of Prince Maxon who will have to choose one to wed. She experiences life as one, with fancy gowns and grand meals. All the girls in the Selection are competing hard to either get the crown or get Maxon. Everyone, but America. America doesn’t know where her heart lies. With Aspen, her current boyfriend, or Prince Maxon who doesn’t know what life is like outside of the castle. America’s story unfolds in the series of books by Kiera Cass.
Image result for the selection

3 Responses to “The Selection”

1. udhumanities says:

Ula,

I’m curious how the different castes came about and how there are eight and what society is like. I am also intrigued at how America “accidentally” enters the Selection. Your review leads me to want to find out.

What is your opinion on it – what you think of the book or series (if you’ve read more of it) and who you think would enjoy it?

2. sophiexdx says:

Hello Ula!

As I read your blog I saw more and more similarities between us:D we both love horse riding, are bith thirteen and you are even addicted to the Selection series, such as me!
    I have read all of the books and am absolutely in love! When I finished the last book of the series I got really sad as I knew there would not be any continuation…
    Which part of the whole story did you like better? America’s or Eadlyn’s?

Xo Sophie
    http://5owlssophiexdx.edublogs.org

• ula2017mds says:

Hi Sophie!

We do have so much in common! I was so sad as well when the series ended. I like Eadlyn’s story because I like how she ended up marring someone not in the selection. Eikko! I thought there relationship was really cute, although I was so sure she was going to choose Kile. I liked the ending a lot because I wasn’t expecting it, however I love America’s story too! That’s so cool that you ride as well! What kind of riding do you do?